1. This Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the rules and guidelines that apply when you use our website [insert link] and/or receive any services we supply ("Services").
By using our website and/or Services, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
2. We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We may from time to time make changes to this policy. If you are a customer and we hold contact details for you, we will advise you of any such changes.
3. Prohibited uses
3.1 You may not use our website and/or Services:
- 3.1.1 in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- 3.1.2 in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- 3.1.3 in any way that may bring us or our customers into disrepute or otherwise damage our reputation;
- 3.1.4 to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- 3.1.5 to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- 3.1.6 to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
3.2 You also agree not to:
- 3.2.1 reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our website and/or Services in contravention of our agreement with you;
- 3.2.2 perform any direct or indirect action that reduces network performance or performance of our servers to any material extent;
- 3.2.3 access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- (a) any part of our website;
- (b) any equipment or network on which our website is stored or Services operate;
- (c) any software used in the provision of our website and/or Services; or
- (d) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- 3.2.4 undertake any denial of service attacks, port scans or other endangering actions directed at our or related servers or networks or using our servers or networks;
- 3.2.5 host websites via our service that relate to high risk activities where interruption or malfunctions may lead to serious consequences, such as personal injury or environmental damage, unless we have specifically consented to this.
4. Content standards
4.1 The standards in this section 4 ("Content Standards") apply to any and all content which you:
- 4.1.1 make available on any website hosted by us or associated with us;
- 4.1.2 allow any end user to upload to any website hosted by us or associated with us;
- 4.1.3 circulate, transmit or present to end users using, or store on, our servers or networks; or
- 4.1.4 upload to our website (where applicable).
4.2 All content must comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
4.3 Content must not:
- 4.3.1 be dishonest, untruthful, or defamatory of any person;
- 4.3.2 be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- 4.3.3 be harmful to or attempt to harm minors in any way;
- 4.3.4 bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate;
- 4.3.5 include or promote sexually explicit material or child sexual abuse material;
- 4.3.6 promote violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- 4.3.7 infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property of any other person;
- 4.3.8 breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- 4.3.9 promote any illegal activity;
- 4.3.10 give the impression that the content emanates from us, if this is not the case;
- 4.3.11 advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist (whether directly or indirectly) any unlawful or criminal act including acts of terrorism;
5. Email services
5.1 Where we provide you with a mail server the following restrictions apply:
- 5.1.1 no more than [●] outgoing emails may be sent per hour;
- 5.1.2 the maximum number of mailboxes on a single domain name is [●];
- 5.1.3 no unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages (including but not limited to advertising, announcements, promotions) ("Spamming") may be sent may unless recipients have explicitly requested it; and
- 5.1.4 no malicious emails may be sent, including but not limited to "mail bombing" (bombarding a site with a large volume of email) and "trolling" (posting extreme messages to provoke numerous responses).
5.2 If, as a result of a breach of this Clause 5, we have to undertake any action, including but not limited to removing mass emails from our systems, dealing with any user complaints, we reserve the right to charge you a fee for administration time spent.